If you want to be prepared for the extreme workouts that crossfit provides, you are certainly going to want to have some of the proper equipment that is typically used for CrossFit training. So, here is some very useful equipment for anyone who does CrossFit – either at home or at a box/gym:
* Shoes – You wouldn’t believe how much a pair of official shoes will help with your speed, comfort, and overall WOD performance! I started out with a regular pair of running shoes and thought they were fine, but after making the switch to real crossfit shoes, I can’t imagine how I ever did the workouts without them now.
This is one form of equipment that I definitely wouldn’t go without if I were you. If I could do it all over again knowing what I know now, I would buy the best CrossFit shoes on the market before I even started my initial CF training session. You can thank me later!
* Workout Clothing and Apparel – Trust me, you don’t want to be the person wearing your old ripped up high school t-shirts and mesh shorts you’ve been wearing for years while lounging on the couch getting fat! I was that guy and it was embarrassing. You might think you are just working out, so who cares, right? Wrong! Investing in some good workout clothes to feel good and look good during your WOD is far more important than you think. It helps both mentally and physically. Take my word for it. I’m not sure if you would truly consider this “equipment” or not, but I think it’s needed.
Or just get some cool apparel to Look good and show off the fact that you are a crossfitter to the world. You can wear fitness clothing during your WOD for functional purposes, or in your daily life as a fashion statement. Everyday is a good day to have your cool CrossFit apparel on!
* Rx Jump Ropes – These ropes are a game changer! A very important piece of equipment used in CrossFit all the time. Using one will definitely help turn you into a double-under machine. You’ll have everyone at your crosfit box jealous of your ability with these badass speed ropes!
* Wrist Wraps – I quickly realized after starting crossfit and doing thrusters, front squats, cleans, and many of the other exercises… I needed to invest in some wrist wraps immediately! Those workouts will kill your wrists and these wraps help a ton for easing the pressure on them. Add these to your bag of crossfit equipment right away.
Crossfit Type of Equipment for Home Training or Developing Your Skills Outside the Box (Gym):
We recommend Rogue Fitness for all of the following equipment used in crossfit…
- Weightlifting Bars and Plates
- Squat Stands & Racks
- Pull-up Bars
- Plyo Boxes
- Medicine Balls
- …and MUCH more!
You can also get full crossfit equipment packages from Rogue that are ready for you to set up your home box/gym now!